29 April, 2011

Attention All the Loves I've Ever Loved

Attention all the Loves I’ve ever Loved:
Let’s have a big party
where we all stand around awkwardly
wearing cardboard, coned hats, polka-dotted.
You all have one thing in common:
In between my legs or in between my lungs,
you all managed to concretely and definitely
shake me up.
There was you, and you, and you (repeat)
all flitting about, all paying the price of
gypsy, frenzied, ultimate love.
Whether nuisance or engorged, you all used your
Rage, Lust, Politeness, Honesty, Dishonesty, Care,
to your advantage.
Wanting under the sheets and through all the muck
that inevitably surrounded my estate,
you shattered through and proved only your worth.
The party will be small, intimate,
with heliumed balloons and favors.
Attention all the Loves I’ve ever Loved:
Let’s have a big party
where we understand our love and
it lays in our laps like a puppy, warm.

No comments: